Speech pathologists’ study, diagnose and treat communication disorders, including difficulties with speaking, listening, understanding language and more!
At Change for Life, Speech-Language therapy focuses on helping children with developmental delays or other challenges, gain skills in communication, language development and speech.
Change for Life offers Speech-Language assessment and if suitable, intervention to address your child’s specific needs.
At Change for Life, our Speech Pathologists are passionate about working with children to help them overcome:
Speech Disorders such as:
- Delays or disorders which affect their ability to produce speech sounds correctly, and which may make them difficult to understand
- Difficulties expressing themselves through language
- Struggles they face in comprehending and successfully navigating social situations
Change for Life can help children:
- Use language for different social purposes so that they can achieve their social aims.
- Adjust their language depending on the situation or the listener: e.g., choosing different vocabulary when speaking to a baby versus an adult.
- Follow conversational rules, e.g.: taking turns when talking, making eye contact, staying on topic, etc.
- Learn to better recognise their own emotions and the emotions of others.
- Build skills which are foundational to learning to read and write successfully.
- Improve their capacity to express how they are feeling through words, gestures, or other forms of communication.
- Develop or improve their capacity to comprehend and analyse written texts.
Please get in touch with our team here to discuss how our services can help.